Continuation of the 'Interesting Things about Korea."

i lost my retainer in the motel i was staying at (or as the SLP teachers call it "the love motel"). everyone calls it that because all the new teachers stayed there when they first arrived and it is very ghetto. (There is a condem machine with a happy condem eating aids as a lollipop...ghetto). anyway, i have a slight obsession with my teeth. i have worn braces twice...and replaced 3 retainers...all within a span of 10 years. and being the obsessive basket case, i immediately asked the director sarah if she could help me find an orthodontist nearbye. (the staff at this school are so helpful. i am so blessed to be here).

THEY DON'T WEAR GLOVES! that's right. the orthodontist's assistant takes a mold of my
teeth and has her bare fingers in my mouth. a million thoughts were racing through my mind as i was trying not to swallow her germs. i thought, what is worse? her hands in my mouth or my mouth on her hands? her hands were cold and wet, which i assume (and pray, dear God i PRAY) that she had just washed them. still, it brought a whole new thought to people preparing your food with their bare hands...

second interesting thing...my retainer cost me 100,000 won which is under a $100 in the states! in the states, an acryllic retainer costs $300! woo-hoo! i love the orthodontists here!!!

Comments

Popular Posts